Learn what Business in the Community's leading members have been doing to remove carbon from their business.
Climate change is now affecting every country on every continent. It is disrupting national economies and affecting lives, costing people, communities and countries today, and even more tomorrow. Businesses are recognising that the risks and opportunities for their organisation are linked to the risks of climate change. As a result they are aligning their goals to the 2015 Paris Climate Change Agreement to limit global temperature rise to below two degrees celsius, and given the grave risks, to strive for 1.5 degrees celsius. At this workshop we will share with you what our leading members have been doing to remove carbon from their business.
- Hear best practice examples from leading organisations removing carbon from their business
- Understand the climate change risks to organisations, and how to develop a climate change plan
- Understand what science-based targets are, and how they help you to manage your organisation’s real contribution to climate change
- Share examples of how to work with the organisation’s value chain (suppliers and customers) to reduce carbon
Who should attend
- Any organisation without a current and challenging climate change plan that is being implemented effectively
- Colleagues working on the organsiation’s environment sustainability/climate change/carbon/energy programme
- Directors with responsibility for the organsiation’s environment sustainability/climate change/carbon/energy programme